The Parco Nazionale dell’ Appennino Tosco-Emiliano‘s ‘Menu a Km Zero’ competition is now in its fifth year, and five restaurants from Lunigiana that fall within the park are competing against 22 other restaurants to produce dishes made from local, seasonal produce. The special Zero Km menus are available every Saturday evening and Sunday lunchtime from 13 October to 25 November 2012.
A major change this year is the involvement of ALMA, the International School of Italian Cuisine based in Colorno, Parma. ALMA has been involved in workshops and menu development for the competition, and will also judge how well local products have been used by the competing restaurants. ALMA’s votes will be added to the online votes by diners to decide the winning restaurant.
The five restaurants from Lunigiana in the competition are:
- Ristorante Miramonte in Comano
- Agriturismo Montagne Verde in Apella, Licciana Nardi
- Osteria Boccondivino in Monti, Licciana Nardi
- Albergo Ristorante Il Sicomoro in Cormezzano, Fivizzano
- Restorante Marina and Paolo in Terrarossa, Licciana Nardi.
- Agriturismo Montagne Verde: 1st place in 2008 & 2nd place in 2011
- Osteria Boccondivino: 2nd place in 2009 & 1st place in 2010
- Il Giardina della Luna near Bagnone: joint 2nd place in 2008.