Today, the British film industry is celebrating 50 years of James Bond. The first James Bond movie, Dr No, was released on 5 October 1962. This month, it will be four years since the 22nd Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, whose opening scene features terrifying car chases at Lake Garda and the marble quarries of Cararra. The film starred Daniel Craig, who was born in 1968 when five Bond movies had already been made.
Quantum of Solace filming in Carrara: trivia
- the main location was the Fantiscritti quarry
- it took two weeks to set up and film
- 150 takes were made on the main day of filming
- 200 outside technicians were used (mainly from the UK)
- 35 4x4s, 35 lorries and 30 normal trucks were used
- 1 Aston Martin was destroyed
- Aston Martin speeds reached 140km per hr during the chase scene.
You can also watch this video over on YouTube